We aim to offer you an enjoyable riding experience and support in further development of your riding ability.
Additional to the riding element, we also like to give an insight of the daily care of your horse. This includes learning new skills in grooming and tacking up before your lesson starts, helping to build your relationship with your equine friend and allowing you to time to enjoy an environment far removed from the rush of daily life!
Our sessions are appropriate for all abilities, from the complete beginner, to those of a higher standard and from ages 2 years and upwards.
The Acorn Equestrian Centre has horses and ponies of all sizes, character and ability, so are suited for all levels. Our outdoor is a floodlit menage and suitable for both flat and jump work. We also offer a variety of in house competitions ranging from Dressage, Show Jumping and Cross Country.
We offer private and semi-private lessons, so you can either have a one-on-one lesson or ride with a friend. So if you have never set foot near a horse, want to continue from when you were as a child or would like to challenge yourself at a higher level, give us a call today!
We are very child friendly and offer constructive, progressive and fun lessons. The children are encouraged to join The Pony Club which ensures steady progression and a sure way to make lots of friends. Whatever your reason for joining us you are sure to receive a warm welcome by our friendly team of Instructors.
When you make your FIRST BOOKING we will need to know:
Date of Birth
Rider Information & Code Of Conduct Form
You will need to read and fill out a Rider Information & Code Of Conduct Form.
Please download the form and print a copy to read and fill out your details.
Remember to bring this along on your first booking.
Please arrive 10 mins before your booking.
The school offers a range of extra riding activities such as holiday courses, camps and much more! Please click on the Forthcoming Events section for details.
Terms Of Booking
- All session require 24 hours’ notice of cancellation or will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Max weight limit of 16 stones
- Riders 2 years and over
- Payment by cash or credit/ debit card.
- Sensible footwear (NOT TRAINERS) and casual trousers are better than tight jeans.
- A 20% deposit must be paid on booking for events. I.E Pony Days, Show Jumping
- Summer Camp places are only secure with payment of the £80 deposit.
- You must state on a weekly basis when you would like booking in for again, assumptions will not be made by a member of Acorn Staff.
- Helpers should inform staff if they wish to come along and help over the weekend or holidays.